Uncoiler straightener shearing line, a compact cut-to-length solution
Investing in a cut-to-length operation line can help fabricators reduce the cost price of products, increase the reactive capability of market demand, and helps to control the raw material cost variations.
But how to find the most suitable operation lines for our production? We mainly consider line applications, operation space, budget, speed requests, incoming coil quality, etc. Here we introduce one case for your better understanding.
1. The choice of decoiling
It has a high decoiling speed for most cut-to-length lines, leading to frequent coil changes. Therefore, even if processed at high speed, the production effectiveness may reduce because of the coil changeover times.
So the decoiling part development should be considered from multiple perspectives. For example, a double decoiler machine reduces coil changeover times. In addition, a quadruple decoiler allows different metal material handling in one production.
As in this project, the client does not need high-speed processing. A single side decoiler of our compact coil feed solution can quickly meet the requirements.
We apply a hydraulic expansion spindle, hydraulic drive coil trolley, and OMRON photoelectric loop sensor to balance the automation operation and space limits.
Considering safety operations, it equips a pneumatic coil pressing arm and roller guides.
2. The selection of the straightener part
The choice of straightening part is the most trick stage of a coil blanking line. If the incoming coil quality is not good, it may have defects such as the crossbow, wavy edges, center buckles, camber, etc. In this case, an ultra-leveler should be a better choice.
In this project, our client uses a high-quality aluminum coil. We recommended an open-type straightener for precision leveling and easy cleaning. It achieves a surface precision of ±0.005 mm, and tread bounce ±0.01 mm.
Here comes another question: How to define high-quality manufacturing of a straightener part?
HE-machine gives three primary references:
- Firstly, the base frame. A high-quality straightener base frame should be a stress relief metal frame with precision machining.
- Secondly, the bearings. Bearings guide rollers of straightener part. Quality bearings can maintain long-lasting activity and stable and smooth movements. HE-machine uses high-quality NSK needle bearing in our straightening part. NSK is a global bearing company with over 100 years of history. It offers the highest levels of safety and Japanese quality.
- Thirdly, the straightening rollers. Roller production defines the straightening part lifetime and straightening capacity. The case should be hardened to achieve maximum impact toughness; some are hard chrome plating. HE-machine pays incredible attention to our straightening rollers manufacturing, which reach a hardness HRC60±2.
At the end of straightening, an NC servo feeder allows variable feed length for the processing line. Variable feed length supports multiple application possibilities in the future. It processes at a feeding speed of 16m per minute, with a precision of ±0.15mm.
3. Shearing part defines the operating speed of the whole line
Multiple shears can be used in a coil material handling line, such as flying shear, oscillating shear, cropping shear, etc. For example, in a compact press feed line, a cropping shear can scrap the incorrect part of the coil to get clean-cut coil heads or ends. Since the client does not need high cutting speed in this project, we recommended the hydraulic cropping shear for the cut-to-length process.
HE-machine is dedicated to developing our customers’ most suitable coil handling lines. For more details about how we can help, contact us now!